Me and clients eating dinner at the top-rated restaurant on the island of Santorini during a mastermind retreat in Greece
A few months ago, I was on the phone with a woman who’d built a business with lush retreats in tropical locations. One look at the pictures of her events and you’d drool. The flowers! The vistas! The warm pictures of beautifully decorated rooms where her clients came together!
Except she had one problem.
She’d figured out exactly how to make what she does ‘work.’ This meant, she’d finally figured out a proven system to fill her programs until they were sold out. The revenues were consistent. And, as she told me, on the ‘outside’ all LOOKED well.
But behind the scenes, there was a whole different story going on.
She felt ‘stuck.’ She knew the only option for her business to keep growing was to raise her prices or allow more people into her retreats. Except she kept hitting a wall.
She didn’t want to let more people in, because she was afraid she’d lose the intimacy of her events and programs. But she didn’t want to raise her prices either.
When we dug deeper, she realized she was pretty attached to being ‘known’ for having mid-range retreat prices. So she was afraid to raise her prices because she thought everyone would get angry at her, call her a snob, or tell her she’d “sold out.”
The result? She was at max capacity, so she couldn’t add more clients or programs anyway. This meant REVENUE PLATEAU. And BURNOUT because her capacity was stretched. This was going to lead to more revenue declines, because you can’t generate more money if you’re burned out from your business.
This was a ticking money-plateau-time-bomb waiting to happen. Hello, Money Capacity issue.
Have you ever had those same fears? Thoughts like:
- If I raise my prices, all my old clients will get mad at me or leave and then I’ll LOSE money.
- If I charge what it’s really worth, people will say I’ve lost my mind and I’m a snob.
- If I put this price tag on it, no one will sign up.
- Why should I want more money? If I have the lifestyle I want, isn’t it greedy to want more?
- Am I turning my back on marginalized groups by raising my prices or charging what I charge for my work?
While some of these questions are extremely important to ask and consider, MOST of the time, they’re actually symptoms of a Money Capacity issue.
Because, the truth is:
- Old clients who grow with you gladly invest more to keep working with you. To them, it’s part of their next uplevel.
- Clients with expanded Money Capacity (which are the kind of clients you want to attract anyway) won’t balk at your prices, they’ll be INSPIRED by them.
- People who say you’re a snob because of your prices are just revealing their own Money Capacity issues.
- Wanting to make more money when you have the basics isn’t greedy – what about the impact you can make with more money? The social issues you could fund. The charities you could donate to? The movements you could start with more money?
Making more money isn’t about YOU making it per se. You can keep your salary the same.
It’s about buying a retreat home where people can heal and change their lives. Investing $100,000 in the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. Or being able to offer more scholarships to your programs. Think BIGGER than just your basic needs.
All of the above types of questions you ask yourself are basically
contagious money thoughtforms that are influencing you
to behave in a SMALL WAYS with money.
And me giving you good answers to those questions won’t make you BELIEVE those answers for yourself, deep down in your bones.
Pretty memes that inspire you to just “think about” and “journal on” your money won’t help you change your actions. Those things won’t ACTUALLY cause you to never allow other people’s opinions make you behave financially small EVER AGAIN.
That’s like telling someone “just get over your fear and do it!” as if it was REALLY THAT SIMPLE. It’s not.
To see a fundamental shift in your core around your relationship with money, we’ve got to DO the CAPACITY WORK and go deeper.
My client with the lush retreat business knew if she didn’t address her Money Capacity issue, she was headed towards money stagnation. Her situation wasn’t sustainable and something had to give.
Thankfully, she didn’t wait for that to happen. She decided to work with me so she could expand her Money Capacity BEFORE it went into a state of decline.
When I last checked in on her after we completed our work:
- Her schedule is more open than ever.
- She earned enough extra money from raising her prices and changing up some of the structural capacity of her programs that she was able to hire a business manager full time. This means taking lots of things off her plate so she can spend more time with her kids.
- AND she’d made enough extra money to launch a new ad campaign that was reaching WAY more people than she was before. Hello, new levels of impact!
If you’re taking on other peoples’ or clients’ money fears and they cause you to second-guess yourself (not raising prices, discounting things when you hear money sob stories, or contracting when someone freaks out over your prices)… you have a Money Capacity™ issue.
And if it’s not addressed, well… then you’re either already experiencing a plateau or decline or you will very, very soon.
What would it be like to FULLY OWN your prices, the value of your work, the BIG financial goals you secretly keep to yourself because you’re afraid of other people’s judgments?
If you’re ready to find out the answer to that question, then join us in the virtual Money Capacity retreat. We’re already 25% sold out.
This is DIFFERENT than the same ol’ money stuff you’re used to. This is no fluff. No ‘motivational quotes that don’t actually change anything.’ Instead you get ACTUAL shifts at your core in how you OWN your power around money. Which will shift how you attract, earn and grow that money.
Here’s what one recent participant of our last virtual retreat, who is also signed up for the Money Capacity retreat, had to say:
Best of all, you don’t even have to leave your house to attend this retreat. It’s at the same reasonable price I set for my other retreats.
It’s a great way to get a taste of what Capacity Work is all about. And you’ll walk away with some pretty massive shifts in how you behave money-wise (and what you’re able to hold, handle and receive when it comes to money, too).
We also have a payment plan available, so truly, we’re making this as easy as possible for you.
Want to learn more?
PS: Have any questions or wonder if this is just going to be one more thing you threw money at that didn’t work? Leave a comment and I’ll be happy to answer your questions/address your fears.