My client was on the phone, voice trembling. She’d hired me because she had a creative project she wanted to launch to her community, but had been resisting it for TWO YEARS!
“I feel so bored with my business and like I don’t even know who I am or what I stand for anymore. I’m so foggy about it all,” she told me.
That “foggy feeling” is a common “symptom” that appears when your intuition asks you to do something and you keep ignoring it out of fear. Eventually, your system rebels and you either get physically sick or you get “foggy-headed.”
As we dug deeper in our session, we got to the real root of her resistance. It’s what I call the “other side of the Visibility Capacity coin.”.
My client said to me: “Lisa, part of the reason why I’m successful is I’m known for being ‘down to earth’. But now I feel like, if I launch this new project with higher prices AND I set the boundaries on how much access my clients have to me in this new program… they’re going to think ‘who does she think she is? She’s gotten way too big for her britches.’
I do have a voice in me that says, “Who DO you think you are to do something so big and to have these new boundaries and prices?’”
This woman had a successful business for the past 7 years. But in the last two, her revenue had been slowly declining. It was getting harder to get clients, and she was feeling uninspired by what she’d built.
Most strategists or business coaches would say, “You need a new business model,” or “We need to change your marketing angle or brand you differently.”
Except, she’d already spent $100,000 on people who told her exactly that. Nothing had changed much when she applied their strategies.
Because the problem wasn’t her strategy. She already had the best strategies.
The problem was her Visibility Capacity.
And the specific way this capacity issue was showing up was she wasn’t seeing herself as who she really was. She had this idea of herself as “humble, small and accommodating.” This “persona” masked her real fear of being seen in her full power.
Since she erroneously saw herself as “smaller”, she made decisions as if she was that “small version” of herself. When you make decisions from the limiting current perceptions you have of yourself, the results the world mirrors back to you are small too. No matter what strategy you apply.
We worked on this specific aspect of her Visibility Capacity in our session. She walked away from it feeling proud to be ‘bigger than her britches.’ “In fact, Lisa, I need BIGGER britches,” she told me with a laugh!
So what does this have to do with you?
When we talk about visibility, we often think of the fear that others will judge us. But have you ever stopped to think of the flipside of that coin — you aren’t SEEING YOURSELF properly and that’s where the issue may actually lie?
Not seeing YOURSELF as the big, powerful being
you ACTUALLY are, is also a Visibility Capacity issue.
And it’s a greater threat to your impact than your fear of being fully seen and judged for it.
Because when you don’t see yourself clearly, you have self-dysmorphia. And you make all your decisions in your career or business as if you were the limited version of you.
That means you’ll get limited results financially and emotionally. You can’t do your best work if you’re not seeing yourself properly.
Have you heard yourself saying a version of ‘who do you think you are?’ in the last few weeks when you were setting bigger goals for the year? If you have, you’ve got a Visibility Capacity issue.
I want you to see yourself as I see you. With UNLIMITED potential for earning and impact. YES–UNLIMITED.
Because when you expand your Visibility Capacity, that’s when you get to have the most impact and success.
This is the greatest imperative for women leaders of our time–>
having the CAPACITY to be unlimited in our big-ness.
That’s why I opened up the virtual Visibility Capacity retreat for enrollment a few weeks ago. Because your capacity for Visibility is one of the greatest threats to your growth. And it WILL plateau you if it hasn’t already.
We have three dates to choose from for this virtual retreat:
Thursday. January 23rd @ 11-3pm PST (only 2 spots left)
Saturday, February 1st @ 10-2pm PST (only 5 spots left and quickly filling)
Friday, February 7th @ 11-3pm PST (only 5 spots left and quickly filling)
Yes, our first and ONLY January date for this retreat is only 3 days away now. I know many of you are working out schedules and teetering–so it’s time to get off the fence and go for it, sister. Overthinking is also a capacity issue.
And if you catch yourself using the “oh my day is so full now, I can’t make it” excuse, I want you to seriously question whether or not you’re serious about making this change for yourself.
Last year, we had a woman join us the DAY BEFORE and she moved her entire schedule of clients to be there. She was serious about her results, and she got them–attending that retreat changed the entire way she launched her next program. She was delighted and said this afterward: “If you asked Lisa for details, make sure you get into the next one. I did today’s and it led to two pretty major insights that I already know will have an impact on my reach and income! #justdoit”
Join us to expand your Visibility Capacity and uplevel how you see yourself, so you can start to make decisions in your career or business from your place of power. And watch your impact and your revenue rise!
As a reminder, here’s just some of what you get out of this retreat when you join us:
- Exactly how YOU particularly are holding your Visibility Capacity back. Learn where YOU particularly need to expand your visibility and what’s REALLY getting in your way of being seen (it’s never what you think).
- Walk away feeling confident your visibility could triple tomorrow and you’d have NO PROBLEM handling it AND maximizing the opportunities coming your way.
- Why your strategies haven’t been working, and a technique that’ll ensure your visibility strategies will work like you’ve been wanting them to.
- Get clear on who you really are in the world, what your unique gift is and how to express it in a way that allows you to be FULLY SEEN. When we see ALL of you, that’s when your impact and income really take off. (Even if you know clearly what you’re here to do, and even have a “brand,” this particular exercise will give you a richer, deeper clarity which will add extra shine to how you’re already showing up.)
- Why you might be attracting clients, people or opportunities in your life that represent unhealed parts of you/aren’t aligned aka problem/triggering clients. And how to start attracting more of the RIGHT opportunities and/or clients.
- Clearing fear of putting yourself out there on a bigger scale and ending the self-sabotage that keeps you hiding from your next level of visibility.
- Any other visibility issue you are having you need support with – this is an interactive retreat with lots of time for coaching, so you can bring it all to the table. (It’s impossible for me to list all the visibility issues known to humanity in one email.)
Join us here, or comment if you have any questions. And don’t dilly dally. The rate at which these spots are filling, I’m not sure how many will be left by the end of the week!
In love & capacity,
PS: We have a payment plan for anyone who requests it! Send us an email at email@example.com and we will happy to tell you about it!